Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Task 12

I used to always tell my husband that I'm not good at sales. I don't tell him that any more because whenever I get excited about something he tells me I'm a natural sales person because I share so much information about whatever it is. I think this is going to be a similar situation, he just won't be on the receiving end this time.

I've already shared some of what I've learned with my mom, who has been a high school math teacher for over 20 years. She often says that she has a hard time finding tools online that are useful for her to use. I was talking to her about wikis, but I also had a hard time think of ways she could use it (especially because many of her students don't regularly have access to a computer). I also told her about TeacherTube, which I think she might be able to find some uses for. I also want to talk with her about social bookmarking, because it seems that she might be able to find some good tools on there.

I also plan to share ideas with the teacher I will be co-teaching with. I'm actually really excited to show him some of the things I've found to see what we can actually use. I think it would be really cool if we set up a Delicious page together so we can have a network of resources we can both easily access and share. Also, I believe we already have a class blog, so now that's not quite so intimidating for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment