Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Final Exam

I have to say that overall, I've learned so much from this class. Before this I thought I was doing a pretty good job of integrating technology into my teaching by just using videos and games. I see now that there is so many more tools out there that can be used. I think that even if I wasn't going to be teaching in a class where I know the students are going to have computer access, I think I could find ways to use some of these tools. That's a big step for me because I always felt so limited in what I could do (plus I just didn't know about a lot of this stuff).

My favorite parts are the social bookmarking, which I think I will be using A LOT, learning about wikis, and finding new tools that I didn't know about (OK there's not much I didn't like, especially now that I've had a chance to digest it all LOL). I still am a little overwhelmed by the blogging thing. There are so many! I have to try to remember to check my Google Reader more often because I do think there are some really good blogs. (How do you end up with a blog that so many people read? I just can't imagine people really wanting to read what I write.)

There's only one thing I would change about the course. I would move the social bookmarking part closer to the beginning. As we go through the course, we find so many useful websites that it would be nice to be able to bookmark them and see what others have found as we go.

I really am excited about what I've learned and I can't wait to find ways to fit it into my teaching!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing Pi2.0! I'm glad you found the course useful. Thanks for the suggestion on moving social bookmarking - good idea! I'm looking forward to working with you this year - let me know if you need assistance with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tisha, first of all - welcome to Paideia! I am late coming to read your blog, sorry. But I wanted to let you know that I've read through it and am so happy to see that you enjoyed the course!
    Please feel free to email or come down to technology if you need help with anything. I've recently really come to enjoy using del.icio.us as well. They have a great add-on toolbar for Firefox that I've found helpful. I'd be happy to show you some time if you need help/are interested.

    Again, welcome!
    Tami Oliver

    ReplyDelete