Sunday, July 11, 2010

Task 3

Blog writing is, I think, a pretty unique form of writing. It's really kind of an 'anything goes' type of writing. But what I like about it is how I feel like I really get to know something about the writer from it, whereas with other forms, you don't get such personal knowledge. When someone blogs, he/she is really putting himself out there. The difference between blogging and other writing, though, is that when that person puts himself out there, he gets immediate feedback from readers. The blogger will know if people love or hate his ideas, and people are not always nice when they respond to ideas they don't agree with.

I really liked reading the blog from the teacher who doesn't give homework. I thought the initial blog and all of the comments were very thoughtful, and I feel like blogs like that could be very useful to me as a teacher. I think that having a place where professionals can share thoughts and opinions with people they would never get to meet otherwise is an awesome thing.

For students, I think blogging can help to reinforce their ideas, but also get perspectives that they may not get otherwise, such as thoughts from other teachers and students. Not to mentions teachers and students who may live in different places.

No comments:

Post a Comment